Basic Blackjack Tips
There are many credible things to say about mobile blackjack, one of them being the authentic nature of the game when paired alongside the land-based version. Today’s technology has allowed something like blackjack to practically fit into your pocket while still delivering the same kinds of big winning hits you would have come across at land-based casinos. However, aside from the convenience provided to you when you play mobile blackjack, there’s also the added benefit of being able to implement key blackjack tips - tips that aren’t just applicable to the game of blackjack, but to the whole spectrum of casino games.
Basic Blackjack Tips
These are some rudimentary blackjack tips, applicable to mobile casino players as much as they are to land-based players:
- Do Not Wager More Than You Can Afford To: This is by far the most pertinent bit of information we can offer you. Remember that while you want to win, you got into this for the fun and the entertainment. Ignoring this one bit of key information can be disastrous. Always, always practice self-control. Remember to keep calm and to bet with your head, and not with your heart.
- By-Pass Insurance: This is an age-old trick masquerading itself as a side bet to dupe newbies. This is routinely offered, even by the high-quality mobile casinos that we recommend, and you’ll see it in many Blackjack games. Yes, it can be advantageous should the dealer attain blackjack, but the odds are steep.
- Keep Practicing: We spoke about practice play or free play as the ideal way in which to learn or brush up on your blackjack skills and it’s something we stand by. This is something you can do over and over and it won’t dent your wallet. You’ll develop your skills and familiarity with the game, and will soon be feeling confident in your abilities. Then when you’re ready you simply opt for real money game play.
- Splitting: Aces and Eights should be split while 4s, 5s, 10s and all face cards should not be. It is advisable to split the other pairs once the dealer unveils something low, like a 6.
- Watch the Liquor: This is a key rule and one you should definitely adhere to when you’re playing mobile blackjack. We’re not saying don’t drink; we’re just saying that if you persist with topping up it can lead to some pretty bad playing. Of course the decision rests with you. All we’re saying is drinking responsibly will have you playing responsibly.
- Keep an Eye on your Bankroll: As a general rule, always pay close attention to your finances. You would think it’s something that need not even be mentioned but believe us, in the heat of the moment things can get crazy. When betting a hand, try not to bet more than 5% of your bankroll at a time. If you feel concerned about your spending habits try to put bankroll management structures in place to help you control them, such as keeping your deposits separate from your wins. Remember, you’re after the player experience, and that means a good prolonged and potentially profitable session.
- Choose the Right Blackjack Game: You’ll find at least 2 – 4 versions of mobile blackjack available, with this number set to increase as more titles become available. Play them all for free at first and then decide which one is best suited to your needs.
An Ever-Evolving Game
These basic Blackjack strategy tips are enough to get you started, but there is plenty more for you to discover. As you feel more confident you might, for example, want to learn about Blackjack card counting and how to apply it. This strategy isn’t possible in land-based casinos, but you can use it successfully in the mobile casinos that we recommend; it just takes time to learn.
The more you play, the more you will be able to learn and the better your insight into and appreciation of the exciting game of Blackjack will be. Playing Blackjack on your mobile is an adventure and it’s one that will get even better as you hone your skills and refine your strategy!